But how do you do it? This is the question I get asked over and over again. I don’t know how you do it! Well today, I’m going to tell you.
What folks are referring to when they ask me how I do it, is work. I own multiple businesses (Bella deLuna, Liber deStella and the Nova Luna Box), which means there are a lot of moving parts I have to juggle on a daily basis. For all three companies, there’s the marketing, the selling, the accounting, the admin… you get the picture. It’s a lot! And it can get overwhelming. Which is why I’m often asked how I manage it. So here’s my secret: the #1 action that has made it so I can manage three successful businesses is planning.
And my favorite business planning tool is Lisa Jacobs’ workbook Your Best Year
I’ve been following Lisa since 2015 and her courses are a huge part of my success as a business owner. I’ve also used her Your Best Year workbooks for years as a way to plan my year ahead in business and meet my goals with laser like precision. Plus, y’all know me. I’m a Virgo. And I totally live up to the planner Virgo stereotype. Hello, I was even voted most organized in High School. Yes, my Virgo heart is proud. ;)
But this year, Lisa has outdone herself and launched not only her traditional business oriented version of Your Best Year 2018, but a “Life Edition” as well. The Life Edition is full of the same hard-hitting prompts and thought-provoking challenges but with a focus on your life and personal situations, instead of business.
I’m super excited to use both workbooks this year, and the Life Edition is perfect for my goal for a better work/life balance (is that even a thing?). I can tell you from my three years of using the Business Edition, that this workbook is THE thing to have if you are a small business owner, especially one who is creative and right brained and needs some guidance into the left brain planning portion of events. Perfect for tracking social media, newsletter subscribers, revenue and planning out your yearly marketing calendar.
In fact, when using Your Best Year last December to plan out 2017, that was when I planned out my writing and editing timeline for my book, Lunar Intentions. Lisa’s advice throughout the book was invaluable in getting all my ducks in a row for a project like that.
But enough about my love for the workbook, I know you’re wondering what’s inside!
Your Best Year 2018 Includes:
- Prompts, goal-setting exercises, goal-prioritizing exercises and tough questions that MUST be answered in order to create results.
- Trackers and review to help you make the most of your time with high-efficiency and focus.
- A place to capture your wins each month, a record of review, a focus on the five pillars, a record of memorable moments, improved habit and performance trackers, a revolutionary goal-setting system, a revolutionary goal-setting worksheet, and a mix of instruction and application.
- Refreshers on the fundamentals: what to focus on, how to make progress, how to get your goals.
- Monthly calendar spreads.
- Introductory chapters that will help you make the most of every season of your life.
- Examples for every worksheet. No more guessing what an exercise means, examples follow each exercise or instruction.
- Instructions on how to use this workbook.
- Decision-making tools that will launch you into the leader’s circle.
- Vision for success worksheets and creative prompts.
- Fear-naming exercises and helpful insight.
- Motivational worksheets to keep your engine running and your creative juices flowing all year long.
- Monthly tracking tools, weekly reviews, unfinished business eliminators, daily scorecards, and more!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through the links provided. I never post a link to a product that I haven’t used myself and love!